About the Client
Kony 2012 is a short film created by Invisible Children Inc, whose sole purpose is to bring a stop and indict Joseph Kony, a war criminal. The video of Kony 2012 grew virally and reached over 100 million views on YouTube, in less than a week. Making it the fastest growing and most viral video of all time. The purpose of the Kony 2012 campaign is to make Joseph Kony famous and bring him to justince
Majestic Media created a socially engaging petition that would help spread the message on Facebook, to bring Joseph Kony to justice. Our goal was to maximize the views of the video and share-ability of the actions and pledges people made to ultimately bring even more awareness to this cause.
• Implemented a petition that users could sign to support the cause
• Integrated a sharing mechanic to extend the reach of the app beyond the initial user to their Facebook friends
• Included an embedded a video which illustrated the importance of the cause
• Rapid proto-typing: 4 days of development
• Copywriting, strategy, art direction, interaction design, and development
The application is currently live and can be viewed here.