About the Client
Chevrolet is the popular automotive brand produced by General Motors Company (GM), the world’s largest automaker. GM employs over 200,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in 157 countries. General Motors produces cars and trucks in 31 countries, including Canada, where the Chevy Gleek Out campaign was launched.
Chevrolet teamed up with the popular show “Glee” to promote their nationwide Glee Live! Tour. Chevy wanted to encourage users to engage with the brand and used Glee as a way to diversify their reach in order to target different demographics through social media.
Majestic Media created a custom Flash image cropping tool. Here are some of the highlights:
• Anti-cheat mechanism (captured over 500 cheating Facebook accounts)
• Backend management system to select a grand prize winner & hide any inappropriate entries from the gallery
• 448-bit encryption (on database/user info) & hosting
• Custom Flash Photo Upload Tool (allowed users to apply a selected frame to their image, zoom in/out, and rotate
• Bilingual implementation (FRE/ENG)
Chevrolet Canada doubled their Facebook fan base within 1 week of launch, and the app hosted over 5000 user-generated photos in less than 3 weeks.